The Philippine Phytopathological Society, Inc. (PPS ), a non-profit organization, was organized by a group of Plant Pathologists at UPLB College of Agriculture on May 11, 1963. The Society aims to (1) encourage and promote the development of knowledge of disease management scientifically, (2) develop integrated pest and disease management based on sound and ecological precepts, (3) encourage the interchange of information, knowledge, and ideas among members, farmers, and other interested individuals, and (4) develop an effective working relation between persons professionally engaged in plant pathology and coordinate various interests and services germaine to the Society.
PPS is one of the five organizations under the umbrella of the Pest Management Council of the Philippines, Inc. (PMCP). The members of the Society are composed of individuals or organization involved or interested in the science of plant pathology. PPS is also represented by regional divisions.
- Philippine Phytopathological Society, Inc. c/o Department of Plant Pathology University of the Philippines Los Baños 4031 College, Laguna Telefax No. (63) 49-536-3534
- PPS Northern Luzon Division c/o Department of Plant Pathology Benguet State University La Trinidad, Benguet
- PPS Central Luzon Division c/o Biology Department, College of Arts and Sciences Central Luzon State University Science City of Muñoz, 3119 Nueva Ecija
- PPS Visayas Division c/o Department of Plant Protection Leyte State University Baybay, Leyte
- PPS Bicol Region c/o DA-RFU 5 Pili, Camarines Sur
- PPS Southern Mindanao Division c/o Department of Plant Pathology University of Southern Mindanao Kabacan, North Cotabato
- PPS Central Mindanao Division c/o Department of Plant Pathology Central Mindanao University Musuan, Bukidnon